Poker-Times.com has assembled a list of some of the best poker tips available which are sure to make you a better poker player. Poker tips should be studied, remembered, and applied whenever possible. Poker is a thinking man's game so the better educated you are, the stronger the poker player you'll be. Check out the tips below which include texas hold'um tips, omaha poker tips, and much more! If you have some tips on the game of poker that you'd like to see published here feel free to send us your article and we'd be glad to publish it if it's relevant to the game of poker and helps others learn how to increase their odds of winning! Not to mention, it'd be much appreciated!
- Don't be afraid to fold! Playing too many hands increases your chances of losing. A nice conservative approach would be to only play hands when you have decent value. This is of course with exception to the occasional bluff ;)
-Learn the proper time to fold. Again, playing too many worthless hands will hurt your bankroll in the long run.
- Don talks about always Playing Your Best Game and the benefits of doing so and the pitfalls of not following this valuable advice.
- Play in low stakes poker rooms. Competition tends to be lesser and it's easier to make a buck. Remember..."A slow drip fills the bucket."
-Look for poker tells and giveaways.
- Be prepared! We recommend this article by Lou Krieger on poker preparation.
- Learn the art of bluffing but don't abuse it. Use it sparingly and strategically.
- Be patient! There is ALWAYS another hand! Pro poker players typically partake in only 25% of the action. This means to win loot you'll need to be sitting the sidelines more often than your in the game.
- Play in the proper $$$ game with regards to your poker bankroll.
- Read articles on tips to playing winning poker.
- Know your poker hands. If your trying to figure out "does a straight beat a full house" then your gonna be dead meat. Know poker hand values and know them well!
- Read as many poker books as possible. Poker knowledge is POWER!
Check out this article written by poker pro Lou Krieger on Poker Excellence
For more great poker tips check out Dave Colcloughs Poker Tips and Tips From The Pros